Montgomery County Councilmember Hans Riemer (At-Large) seeks campaign fellows for his re-election campaign. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn or refine their campaign skills. Activists welcome.
- Directly assisting the candidate, campaign manager and field director as needed
- Collaborate with volunteers and supporters in the office and at campaign events
- Direct voter contact, including but not limited to canvassing door-to-door, phone banking and events
- Further opportunities available in finance, research, and communications & social media
- These positions will work closely with senior staff to learn first-hand the inner workings of a campaign
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week minimum time commitment, additional responsibilities and opportunities available to those willing to work hard and put in a greater time commitment
Compensation: Full time fellows may be eligible for a stipend.
Location: Silver Spring (2 blocks from Silver Spring Metro)
Ideal Applicant: The ideal applicant is motivated, detail orientated, and able to work cooperatively as part of a team. Selection is based on an interview and campaign/work experience.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should email Friends.of.Hans.Riemer@gmail.com with “Fellowship Application” in the subject line. In the email, please make a brief statement about why you are interested in the position and if you have worked on campaigns before. Resumes and cover letters are welcome but not required.