Sign up to receive email updates
Hans is running for County Executive to chart a bold new vision for Montgomery County. Donate Now ⇣
Dear friends and supporters,
The Montgomery County Executive can set the tone and the pace for our dynamic and thriving community — by bringing people and ideas together to move us into the future.
Montgomery County needs progressive leadership that is effective and forward thinking. It is time to move on from the politics of the past. You know my deep convictions for Democratic values and my record as a councilmember with a vision for the future.
That is why I am writing to let you know that I will run for Montgomery County Executive in the June 2022 Democratic Primary.
COVID has taken a hard toll, but we are ready for the hard work of rebuilding and reinventing. It is time for:
- Economic development so that the next generation can live, work, and thrive here; and to help small businesses recover
- Housing policies that promote affordability and inclusivity, and support a growing workforce
- Creative investments in education to accelerate learning in the wake of COVID from pre-k to higher ed; and including new STEM talent pipelines for both students and jobless workers
- Climate policy that provides national leadership through local action
- Police reform that positions Montgomery County as a model for the nation in transparency and trust — and for youth and racial justice
- Finishing the Purple Line, the Corridor Cities Transitway and upgrading MARC into real commuter rail
We can do this!
Join me this June as I launch my campaign. Together, let’s build momentum to make Montgomery stronger and more vibrant!
The primary is on June 28, 2022. As in the 2018 election cycle, I will proudly run as a public finance candidate, meaning that I will only raise contributions from individuals, no special interest groups.
Use this form to let me know you are coming on June 12 or June 16. You can make your donation right away to help me reach the public financing threshold of 500 individual donations.